728x90

Monday, March 30, 2015

Leading fashion blogger has wise words for online bullies


FASHION blogger Antoinette Marie walks into a room and pretty much everyone stops and stares.
Lean, platinum blonde and striking, even a Porsche showroom full of men with eyes on a $1.5 million Spyder 918, can’t help but turn their gaze.
In Australia as a ‘loan’ for two days, the super-duper sporty hybrid car proved a hit. But as a guest of the Sydney event, the ever-sultry looking Antoinette (Sydney Fashion Blogger on Instagram) was just as popular as the wheels.
Sydney Fashion Blogger and a very fast car


While Antoinette’s real-world popularity is evident, the same can’t always be said for the comments she attracts from her online community. At last count she had 870,000 Instagram followers, the platform averaging around 10,000 ‘likes’ and anything from 100 to 400 comments per post.

“Of course on occasion as with everyone in my position I come across some not so friendly bordering on nasty comments,’’ says Antoinette.

“It is very easy to be affected by harsh words but I realise that by being a public figure and exposing myself and my style that I must be open to both ends of the scale.

“I do ignore anything that does not resonate with me as I find any harsh words to be more about the follower and less about me.
“I have learned to know the difference between sincerer constructive criticisms and personal attacks.”

Taking such a pragmatic approach has stood Antoinette in good stead, the well-mannered and articulate blogger revealing her life is pretty sweet at the moment.

“We are always looking at a fresh approach to blogging and a new way to express what I do so this year we again are taking SFB to new territories,’’ says Antoinette.
“I have established a niche for myself now and want to align myself with events and brands that showcase something fresh and new and this year I plan to travel as there are some exciting events I’ll be involved in.

Sydney Fashion Blogger: meet Camilla Franks



“My followers love my yearly romp around Europe!”

Antoinette says that when she travels, her exposure is magnified, so “I am able to showcase our Aussie brands to an international circuit” and her aim has always been to “promote small and established local brands to the world and to my demographic of followers.”
“Fashion as a whole is always exciting and I enjoy expressing myself and showing my take on things,” she says.
“I do have a responsibility to my followers and I honour each and every one of them and I take the time to view all comments and queries.”
Antoinette joins an ever-growing list of young women who have taken to social media and made their way as a fashion blogger, by posing in clothes lent to them by various design houses and chain stores.
There are thousands of them out there, but just a handful who have really resonated and kept up with demands of their online audiences.
Antoinette appears to be one who isn’t slowing down anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment